Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pikermi Training Log Week 1: Sept. 13-19, 2010

Monday, 13 Sept.
-I had myself checked for my blood pressure by my Mother, who happens to be a nurse. My blood pressure is 90/70, which is already normal for my standards. Most of the nurses and physicians who always take my blood pressure would often ask if I am anemic or an athlete. I just smiled, and say, no I am not anemic, I am just blessed with a low blood pressure.

Tuesday, 14 September
- I was assigned at the Lahug main branch, so I weighed myself using the digital weighing scale.I did not eat my breakfast, and only drank a mug of coffee and 2 glasses of water. My weight is at 54.30 kg! And in pounds that is 119.46. Multiply my weight to 3, that's 358.38 pounds of pressure on my precious knees! Got to loose some weight!
-I was supposed to be going to the track that evening, but there as an emergency situation I have to attend to, and it was raining so hard.


Wednesday, 15 September
-Finally ran around the track that evening. I made 12 loops, covering 4.8 kilometers at 38 minutes and 44 seconds. That's 12 minutes better from the "recovery" run a week ago.

Thursday, 16 September 
- Stretching exercises in the morning. Continuous running contracts your leg muscles, thus loosing  their flexibility.

Friday, 17 September 2010
- Running drills in the morning. I think I should do this regularly, don't you think?

Saturday, 18 September
-Race day! My first race since recovering from an injury. It was a 5 km race, and I finished it in 34 minutes and 6 seconds, good enough for a third place finish! Woohoo! The best part of all, I was no longer limping!

Sunday, 19 September
-Rest day!

Total distance covered for the week was 9.8 kilometers. This week my target distance to be covered will be 10.78 km. Maybe 11 kilometers will do. Wink!







No comments: